WordPress 2.0 for iPhone is now available on the App Store!
For many bloggers, WordPress app in iPhone has becoming an important part of the workflow for blogging. The first version of WordPress in iPhone was a decent tool that made it easier to blog on the go right from iPhone, but it was still lacking in some ways. Therefore the release of WordPress 2 is definitely excite the bloggers who’re looking for the enhancements that come to the new version 2.
WordPress 2 is a new app, so the previous version can’t be updated to 2.0. You need to do a fresh installation for the new version. Well, installing it won’t overwrite any previous version, so you can continue using the first version if it’s not your cup of tea.
Following are the new features as announced by WordPress.
- A new, more efficient user interface that makes it faster to switch between comments, posts, and pages.
- Various user interface refinements and bug fixes
- New Comments interface, with Gravatars and the author URL shown in the comment list
- Passwords are now stored in the keychain
- Posts are now automatically saved and restored if network connection is lost during publishing
- Added persistence, so the app re-opens in the blog you last used
- Added an interface for manually entering the XMLRPC endpoint for non-standard setups
- Fixed rotation-related visual glitches
- Fixed errors where malformed XML prevented access to XMLRPC endpoint
- Fixed edge case where local drafts were sometimes not saved
- Fixed the order of photos so that they’re displayed in the order they’re uploaded
So if any of you’re using iPhone to blog, have you tried WordPress 2.0? Come and share what’re your thoughts on this brand new piece of software.